August 8, 2012

Party Time ~ A year after 60

Over the weekend my Dad turned 61. Unfortunately turning 61 isn't as big of a deal as turning 60. Last year we threw an outdoor woodsy themed birthday bash for my Dad plus 2 of his co-workers who were also celebrating the big 6-0.

It's occasions like birthdays that force you to take note of how fast a year goes by. It seems like yesterday D and I where at the shop cutting logs into small sections and gluing them together to make the 60 sign.









Even though we didn't have a big get together this year, we did spend the afternoon relaxing and swimming down at the lake. Which really was our best and only option because this weekend the weather was scorching hot!



The kids, D and I pretty much stayed in the water the entire time. The photo of Orrin above reminded me of how much he is growing up. I used to call him my little budda baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment